An important part of the research paper is to pick the right topic. If you made a good choice, not only will you get a good grade, but you will also not get bored as you write your paper. The whole process will go a lot smoother. So read on to learn how to choose it well.
Consider your interests
The secret to a great paper is to pick something you are interested in doing. Some people choose a topic they think will impress their teacher, so they find something quite obscure or something they believe no one else in the class will do. While this is nice if you pull it off, the chances are high that you will grow tired of searching for sources and reading about this topic if you don’t personally like it in the first place.
So be wise and pick something of interest to you. Even if you don’t like your subject much, you can still think of something of interest. For example, say you need to do research in your literature class, but your interest is in sports; perhaps, you can focus on the role of sports in some of the more modern stories, or you can study sports magazines today. There is always something if you spend time to think creatively.
Ensure there are resources
A research paper is not an opinion essay. You have to be able to cite theories and studies connected to your topic. So even if you like your initial idea, you must confirm you have enough books and journals to back them up.
Topics you may like
In case you need help with your topic, you may consider one of the following.
Jobs and Business
- Factors behind the minimum wage
- Effects of terrorism on trade
- Are most employees financially literate?
- Are the company retirement plans enough for their employees?
- How important is further education for promotion at work?
- Why are young employees constantly jumping ship?
- How can start-ups survive their first few years in the industry?
- What is behind the rise in popularity of extreme sports?
- MMA and boxing: Is the viewing public becoming more violent?
- Benefits of having a sports stadium in your city
- Top career-ending injuries that young athletes should be aware of
- Can involvement in sports lessen teenage anger?
- Is a career as a referee worth it?
- Why athletes want their own signature shoes?
Science and Technology
- The latest technological solutions to climate change
- Is it possible for the whole world to only rely on green energy?
- How dangerous are cyberattacks for developing countries?
- Are people happy about having newer gadget options every year?
- Is freeware helping the world or putting businesses out of operation?
- Why do people create computer viruses?
- Social media’s effects on politics today
- Is Cloud technology secure?
Health and well-being
- Which is better overall, yoga or Zumba?
- Are vitamin-enhanced drinks really good for the body?
- Do we really need 3 square meals a day?
- How popular is vegetarianism among teenagers today?
- Does Japan have the healthiest population?
- Are people becoming more prone to illnesses because of air-conditioners?
If you have the right topic, things will be easier for you in your research paper. So consider the choices above or take inspiration from them. Good luck!